Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Break #2 for my two yr old


Today started out with a nice breakfast with the kids in the backyard followed by some swimming with friends. All was going well until about 12:30 when I hear B say his little brother is hurt. As soon as I looked at him I knew...trying to convince myself that I was wrong I waited for a few minutes to see if he would just shake it off. No such luck.. I call the pediatrician and off we go. Referal from Ped to X-ray, get x-ray, (which was horrible by the way)They had to turn his arm which obviously hurt and he was crying that aweful I am really hurting cry. Then I started to cry. Anyway, after about three people came in to ask me "how" this happened; they then confirmed that my precious 2 1/2yr old broke his elbow. Back to ped to "confirm" x-ray, then head over to orthopedics. All the while D still has not had any lunch nor had a nap. He finally was sooo tired he fell asleep in the chair next to me (arm in a sling) as I tried to finish up paperwork and were waiting to be seen. final outcome so far.... they made him a splint and I have to keep a very active 2 year old not so active. We need to wait for the swelling to go down and hope the bones stay in place...if that happens then he will be casted, if the bones move then he will need surgery to place a pin in the bone and then be casted. All in all a very loooong day. Please be in prayer that he will not need the surgery and that I will have the patience and creativity needed to keep him inactive.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a day. This probably wasnn't what you wanted to be blogging about. Poor guy! Will keep him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! Poor little guy. But it sounds like he (and you!) handled everything really well, in spite of it all. I will definitely pray for quick healing without surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Robin! What a day! He is taking after you in the broken department huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen - I changed a setting see if it works now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Testing...if my pic is there, it worked!

    ReplyDelete